King Baudouin Foundation (KBF) Privacy Declaration
The King Baudouin Foundation of course complies with the privacy legislation in this area. You can find out below what this means in practice.
How does the KBF collect personal data?
The KBF only collects personal data that you give us yourself or that third parties give us in the context of a service requested by them (e.g. in the context of an application form).
What personal data does the KBF process?
The KBF only collects the personal data needed to carry out a service requested by you (or by a third party).
When and why does the KBF process personal data?
The KBF only processes these data in certain situations:
- if you have explicitly given your permission for this;
- or, if it is necessary to process the data in order to provide a service you have requested (e.g. your address to send a publication or your bank account number to pay out financial support);
- or, if we are legally obliged to process the data (e.g. your national registration number to issue a tax certificate);
- or, if it is necessary in the public interest or for a legitimate purpose (e.g. displaying organisations and persons who have received financial support on our website);
How does the KBF treat personal data?
- Data about persons who are minors and sensitive personal data (e.g. health information or bank account numbers) are always treated as confidential and never made public.
- Your data are only used for the service you have requested (unless the conditions described in the paragraph above are met):
For example, if you subscribe for one or more newsletters, we will only use your details to send you these newsletters. Every newsletter also gives you the opportunity to unsubscribe.
- We never pass on your contact details to third parties for commercial purposes.
How long does the KBF keep personal data?
- If you use this website to submit an application form, order a publication, register for an event or make a donation, we will only keep your data for the time needed to provide the service you have requested.
- The KBF may also decide to collect some data in an aggregated form over a longer period in order to evaluate and make adjustments to its own activities (e.g. the support paid out over the years). This does not involve identification of individual persons.
Does the KBF keep my personal data safe?
Your data are processed in a way that is safe. We therefore use various security technologies and measures to protect your data from unauthorised access, use, loss or publication. These technologies and measures are tested on a regular basis and updated if necessary.
What can I do about my own personal data?
- If you want to update any of your contact details, you can do that yourself in My KBF
- You have the right to be ‘forgotten’. To request this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can access any of your personal data that are processed by the KBF, view the data and correct or delete any data that are incorrect or incomplete. If you have a KBF profile, you can update or delete your personal details yourself
- If you consider that your data have been handled incorrectly, you can submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
If you have any further questions or concerns: