Anne-Josèphe Théroigne de Méricourt, nicknamed La belle Liégeoise (the Beauty from Liege), was one of the rare female figureheads in the French Revolution. The sculptor Charles Marin immortalised her in a bust in 1792, which has been acquired by the Raphaël and Françoise Haeven Fund.
Two silver candlesticks, made by Jean-François Bodson and particularly representative of the silverware made in the Namur region at the beginning of the 18th century, have been acquired by the Pierre François Tilmon Fund. They have been entrusted to the collection of the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Namur, at the Hôtel de Groesbeeck-de Croix.
Two wonderful pieces of jewelry created by renown 19th-century Belgian gold- and silversmiths are enriching our public collections. The Christian Bauwens Fund has acquired a brooch by Oscar Massin and a bracelet by Charles Buls. As of today you can admire them in all their glory at DIVA in Antwerp.
The Marcel Van Rooy – Élise De Smedt Fund has recently purchased a porcelain bust of the Prince-Bishop of Liege at the BRAFA. This 18th century work bears witness to the great portraiture talent and technical mastery of its sculptor.